How Athletes Are Using Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy to Accelerate Healing
If you’re an athlete – or you live a highly active life – chances are extremely good that you have developed (or will develop) some type of sports injury that could put your career and your lifestyle in serious jeopardy. Long gone are the days of just “ice it up and get back out there.” Instead, these modern days have brought leaps-and-bounds technological advancements in the field of sports therapy – and one of the newest advancements is hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Interested in the benefits of hyperbaric therapy and to see how it reduces healing time? Let’s dive into it here by taking a look at how athletes are using hyperbaric oxygen therapy to accelerate their healing.
What is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy helps the tissue of your body – the ones harmed through a sports injury – with accelerated healing. With hyperbaric oxygen therapy, a patient steps into a pressurized room and ingests pure oxygen. That allows for the plasma in the body to become “super-saturated” with oxygen. That healing oxygen rushes through the body with that plasma, helping to “fix” that tissue damaged through the trauma of sports.
It’s a fascinating form of therapy that offers numerous benefits for athletes and those who live an athletic lifestyle. Let’s take a look at those benefits coming up next.
What are the Benefits of Hyperbaric Therapy
For those athletes dealing with the trauma and struggle of a sports injury, hyperbaric oxygen therapy may be just what’s needed to get “back in the game.” Here are the main benefits of hyperbaric therapy:
- The treatment increases white blood cell creation. These critical cells in the body are the top line of defense against illnesses, infections, and foreign invaders – vital for keeping in tip-top shape all around.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy reduces healing time for injured tissues. The “super-saturating” process allows for oxygen to rush throughout the body to deliver its healing power to those tissues harmed with a sports injury, cutting down on the recovery time.
- The therapy stimulates the release of stem cells, a vital element to repairing injured tissue and starting the repair process throughout the body.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy reduces the body’s inflammatory responses, key to the successful survival of transplanted flaps and skin grafts.
- It improves the overall quality of life in patients. It reduces healing time and helping bodies get back to tip-top shape.
Getting Started With Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Interested in getting started with hyperbaric oxygen therapy to accelerate healing? If you’re an athlete, this type of valuable type of treatment can go a long way into helping to correct a sports injury or chronic condition that you may suffer from. Even better, there are some other benefits to hyperbaric oxygen therapy that you should know about:
- First, there’s no downtime after a Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) chamber session. After you spend some time in the healing hyperbaric chamber, you don’t have to go through a lengthy recovery process – you’re good to go the minute the session is over.
- Second, most of the conditions for Hyperbaric oxygen therapy get covered by insurance – meaning that there’s a very good chance that this transformative treatment will cost you only a little bit (or nothing at all).
How HyperbarX Can Help
For an athlete, a sports injury can have a resounding and negative affect on your life. Don’t get sidelined! Let the professionals at HyperbaRxs help you with this revolutionary hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatment. As the leaders in hyperbaric oxygen therapy, HyperbaRxs helps athletes get comprehensive treatment for their injuries for less than what they would pay in a regular hospital setting. HyperbaRxs has earned accreditation from the esteemed Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society since 2000.
Ready to see how the hyperbaric oxygen therapy of HyperbaRxs can accelerate healing? Contact us! Book your appointment now – spaces are filling up!